Thursday, August 4, 2011

Disclaimer:

This is my first year attending Burning Man and I may not know what the hell I'm talking about. I started this blog because I've been a Bay Area / Berlin-based costumer for about 12 years now and I've always loved burning man style (yes, I realize this term is dubious and will elegantly duck away from defining what the hell that means at this juncture). I feel like it deserves its own place on the web among the myriad of *yawn* boring style blogs (yes, we know, the little black dress is a look that never dies. Can we move on now?) and have created this blog as a platform to share images, ideas and experiences.

While not officially yet a burner, I started out as a wingmaker (you can see some of my old work at http://www.fairywingsandthings.com) but have amassed a small army of costumes of various kinds over the years. I've displayed at Maker Faire, Prepare for the Playa, and similar events where Burning Man style is loved and appreciated, and these events have always helped me to learn and grow as a maker. I'd like this blog to serve a similar purpose, helping and inspiring makers as opposed to entertaining the gawkers and tourists.

If you have ideas for tutorials, recommendations for images, and so on please post them! Guest bloggers and burners are always welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment